I just got the remote desktop web sevice working and now I would like to create a VPN network with my desktop computer through a VPN router as host and my mobile laptop modem as client. The problem is my laptop modem has a dynamic IP address and I have a question.

Is there an application or service that I can update my mobile modem's dns IP quickly?

I just got the remote desktop web sevice working and now I would like to create a VPN network with my desktop computer through a VPN router as host and my mobile laptop modem as client. The problem is my laptop modem has a dynamic IP address and I have a question.

Is there an application or service that I can update my mobile modem's dns IP quickly?

Before I posted the above I could not find an application I could use for my VPN client. I think I found one now. I will try it out. I will return to mark this topic solved if it works.

Nonetheless, please offer personal experiences you have with VPN to a dynamic IP laptop modem, and any specific applications you used.

Thanks.

I apologize for the triple post but I still cannot connect to my home Linksys VPN router from my Alltel broadband wireless modem using the Linksys VPN client.

If you can offer a possible resolution to my tragic problem, please do.

Al Teal

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.