Can anyone tell me .How should i download all the emails from gmail into outlook express.so that if i want to see the latest email
of gmail. i simply connect with internet with the help of Nokia handset.and download the email in outlook express.and disconnect from internet after downloading email

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

To set up your Outlook Express client to work with Gmail:

Enable IMAP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
Open Outlook Express.
Click the Tools menu, and select Accounts...
Click Add, and then click Mail...
Enter your name in the 'Display name' field, and click Next.
Enter your full email address (username@gmail.com) in the 'Email address' field, and click Next. If you are a Google Apps user, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.'
For 'My incoming mail server is a ______ server', please select IMAP in the drop-down menu.
Enter 'imap.gmail.com' in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server' field. Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server' field.
Click Next.
Enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') in the 'Account name' field. Enter your password in the 'Password' field, and click Next.

Click Finish.
Highlight imap.gmail.com under Account, and click Properties.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL).'
Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)' field.
Under Incoming mail (IMAP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'. The port will change to '993'.

Click the Servers tab, and check the box next to 'My server requires authentication.'

Click OK.
Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages.

Can you tell me the difference between Pop3 incomming/Imap Incomming server.Http incomming server.Kindly let me know the
idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.

Can you tell me the difference between Pop3 incomming/Imap Incomming server.Http incomming server.Kindly let me know the
idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi
A pop3 (or just pop) account is an email account. This is where mail will sit until you download/read it and decide to file it, delete it, etc.

With POP3, the mail is "popped" off the gmail server and onto your home computer. There's no synchronizing going on, just copying of mail files from one place to another. In most POP clients, you can choose to leave a copy of the mail on the server, or to delete it from the server when you download it. POPPING is good if you just want to get online, download your email, and get off line again.

IMAP (like POP3) is a protocol for reading email.
It differs from POP3 in that you read the mail directly on our mail server, rather than downloading it to your home computer first. This means:

You have to be connected to the Internet the whole time you read your email.
You don't need to download messages unless you actually want to read them.
You can access the same inbox and mail folders from multiple computers since they all connect to the same central server.

With IMAP your email client is constantly connected to the gmail server, and doesn't make local copies of your messages. IMAP is great if you access your email from lots of different machines, since it keeps all the messages in one place. It's also good if you have a slow connection, because it only downloads the email headers until you choose to read a whole message. That's great for deleting spam by just reading the subject line! IMAP needs a constant connection to the Internet the whole time you're doing your email.

Hope this helps
Darren

and it means if i disconnect from internet.i cannot see the email
in the outlook means.i cannot download email using Imap.gmail.com.Additional and what about HTTP Server in the case of MSN/Hotmail Kindly let me know the the idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.

Why i am getting error userName and Password Don't Match ???.When i tried to Send/Receive .Kindly see the attachment .any help would be highly appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.