hi
i hav 2 connect and share my content to a friend over internet......
that is i want to connect to my friend's pc over internet ....how i can accomplish that ...
plz help..

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

are you wanting to share some files???

You can use MSN... and use the sharing folders... and what ever is in your folder... will go into his folder... and whatever is in his folder.... is in your folder....

that is good....

i have used it a few times...

maybe that is what you need....

What kind of content? Does it require robust security, as in sensitive stuff, or just homework/pictures/music, etc? Windows Live Messenger is probably fine for what you need. It also depends on how much you want to share (are we talking a few megs, or a few gigs?)

What kind of content? Does it require robust security, as in sensitive stuff, or just homework/pictures/music, etc? Windows Live Messenger is probably fine for what you need. It also depends on how much you want to share (are we talking a few megs, or a few gigs?)

the data would b bulky.....around a one GB or so?

are you wanting to share some files???

You can use MSN... and use the sharing folders... and what ever is in your folder... will go into his folder... and whatever is in his folder.... is in your folder....

that is good....

i have used it a few times...

maybe that is what you need....

will it work 4 bulky data?
....something in GB??

will it work 4 bulky data?
....something in GB??

yes i would work... but it all depends on your internet connection... and about many GB are we talking?? 1GB , 2GB?

yes i would work... but it all depends on your internet connection... and about many GB are we talking?? 1GB , 2GB?

something b/w 1GB to 2GB

something b/w 1GB to 2GB

OK, well i think MSN will work....

just have to set it up correctly.....

OK, well i think MSN will work....

just have to set it up correctly.....

and wat if i hav to access my frndz pc over internet ?
do u hav any idea of this?

and wat if i hav to access my frndz pc over internet ?
do u hav any idea of this?

You can remote desktop his PC with teamviewer... but transferring files that way might take a while....

MSN i would recommend...

I wouldn't use MSN for something large like that. Try finding one of those free file storage places (I think dropbox.com may be one of them) and upload it to there then let your friend download it from that point.

As far as remote access, check out VNC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.