I have two computers connected into a router one can serf but the other says cannot be displayed. I have disconnected them both and connected the one that cannot conect straight to the cable modem and still no go. I have contacted my ISP and they fixed it once and the power went out yesterday and now I can't surf on one comp again. I have a linksys router. My boy plays a MMO (world of warcraft) and can log in and play, and weather bug works but can't serf the web. Any help would be great, Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi, might be a lan cable problem if you're using a cable,try to interchange the cable see if the other one can work..try to go to command prompt type ipconfig /all check the ip address configuration, dns, gateway, subnet make sure that all are the same excep for the ip ad..compare your settings to the working one

Thanks for the reply. It was my norton firewall I turned it off and it works great going today and getting new software to fix that. Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. It was my norton firewall I turned it off and it works great going today and getting new software to fix that. Thanks again for the reply.

Hi Freez,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support team.

What Norton product and version are you using? Please let me know the product and version as well the version of Windows you are using.

Turning off the Norton Firewall will leave your computer vulnerable to attack and is not recommended. The most likely cause of the connectivity issue you were experiencing is either a software conflict or a configuration problem with the Norton Firewall.

Another possibility is that your machine became infected. Please run LiveUpdate and then complete a "Full System Scan" to make sure there are no infections on your computer.

When you use the Norton Firewall, which is a full inbound and outbound firewall, you need to make sure the Windows Firewall (inbound only firewall) is disabled, as well as any other internet security software so there are no conflicts which can cause connectivity issues and other problems.

Please let me know the specifics and I'd be happy to give you the proper configuration steps for your Norton product.

Thank you,
Mike

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.