I have encountered one unique problem with a few networked computers in my lab. whereas most computers can access the internet, some do not- though the cables are fitted!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by house of mumbi

wow u really have to give more info??
are all on the same network with the same ip range ?
are you sure it is network cables and not power cables?
what is the results for the "ipconfig /all" command if it is windows machines?
and and and...
b

check the default gateway, it should be the same on all the PC's if they're in the same Network.

first is the local network active on computer?
check if you can be able to access them?
there must be a problem with the network cable

I have encountered one unique problem with a few networked computers in my lab. whereas most computers can access the internet, some do not- though the cables are fitted!!

Hi !

The thing that should be checked is the ethnet (NIC) adoptor and you should make sure that all the cables connected to those computers are in a good condiotion, because some times when the cable have been used for a long time they tend to loose strenth and course signal fail from the main server.

Deadmantz.

I think your take on this "job" could be true, and I say, asante for your help and for all those who managed to give their sols...

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.