bill.jeffs 0 Junior Poster in Training

I have a BT home hub (v.2) which is wireless n, I understand that is faster than b/g standards. however im unsure if it is dual band and if so how to set this up so to get the most out of the connection. Im quite aware that the network can only be as fast as the slowest devices connected to it, but am I correct in thinking that if the bthome hub is dual band i can have two seperate bands one for the "N" devices and one for the slower ones.If this is the case how would i go about setting it up as I have logged into the router and cannot find any obvious ways of doing so.

The reason i ask is i have recently purchased a wireless n adapter for my xbox 360 having heard that n is better for streaming ( i have sky player installed on my xbox) however i have not noticed any considerable difference in the streaming from skyplayer. The xbox does show that the it is connected via wireless n, but i would appreciate if someone could give me some clarification on all of the above.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.