I have problem with Internet Sharing on Microsoft Network Win XP. When I check if Internet Sharing is Enabled in Local Area Connection, the Advanced Tab provide the following text: Windows cannot display the property of this connection. The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) information might be corrupted. to correct this, use System Restore to restore Windows to an earlier time (called a restore point).

I done it, but problem reminds. Any help with solving this problem without reinstalling OS will be oppreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

A couple of questions for you if you dont mind.

-What do you want to do?
I know shareing files but what else?
-Have you tryed sharing in a different matter?
Such as right clicking the folder you want to share.

You say Windows XP Pro yes?

Have you shared a folder yet on WinXP? & can people connect to your share? Let me know thanks.

Thanks for hearing me :)
Yes! It is a Pro and the main task is to share the DSL Internet to other computers in network.
If I right clicking the folder I want to share I will be able to do so, but the network is down.

Are you behind a router? What steps are you following what is the message you are getting and what "exactly" is the problem your having and what do you want to do?

(suggestion)System Repair

I will agree with you on the system repair I dont know why everybody doesn't have Drive Image or Norton Ghost on there PC I do understand some of them are complex. Just giving you the support I can from what I heard.

Try a bunch of things last step would be what I said really. If you do backups and other type of backups then reformating really is the best bet to solve all problems and you get fun fun experience doing it ha.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.