I am having difficulty connecting my laptop to our router. I have three other laptops and my PC connected find, but it is just my other laptop that is giving me problems. At first it would say I am connected, but I would not be able to go on the internet. I would re boot than it would tell me I have "limited or no connectivity". This is the only laptop that I am having problems with. The other ones are working fine.

Help!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

well i think this might be a problem on the laptop other computers on your network are working fine have tried adding the network manually to your laptop and by the way what is the operating system of the specific laptop that is having trouble connecting.

I am having difficulty connecting my laptop to our router. I have three other laptops and my PC connected find, but it is just my other laptop that is giving me problems. At first it would say I am connected, but I would not be able to go on the internet. I would re boot than it would tell me I have "limited or no connectivity". This is the only laptop that I am having problems with. The other ones are working fine.

Help!!

First there is more info needed to help, but you need to make sure that the router is setup correctly. Is it a N router or a B&G? you need to make sure that the laptop supports the router configuration. The router can be setup for Mix B,G,& N or Mix B&G.
What wireless signal is your computer configure to receive?

I was able to get connectivity on the laptop. It now tells me I am connected and the strength is excellent, but I am unable to go on the internet.

check if the laptop is getting a valid ip address from the router? What is the wireless security encryption set on the router?

How do I find the ip address on the laptop? How do I know if it is a valid address? Where can I go to find the wireless security encryption on the router?

before we could determine the ip address what is the operating system of your laptop the one that you have trouble connecting?

Help!!

hi'

Firstly, I wanna know if you set up your laptop the same way like the others? And what's your internet connection?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.