Zimzum 0 Newbie Poster

Hello everyone, this is my first post here and im in need of some help. I have a Compaq Presario (R4012US) with a built in Broadcom 802.11 b/g card, windows XP home SP2. I was able to access the internet with it a week ago with having anywhere from 2-4 bars and speeds of 18-54Mbps. I had tried to install the software for the Linksys range expander to help with my connection. Well after trying to get the range expander to work (with the CD) I lost all abillity to connect to the wifi router with just my normal wifi connection. I can still connect to the router sometimes, but i can not view web pages. Other times it just hangs on "Aqquiring network access" for hours. I work on the road from hotel to hotel, so i do not have access to the physical router to know what brand / firmware it has. I have a feeling that the linksys setup has somehow changed some of my settings that I can not seem to fix. I have tried to reinstall the driver for my network card as well as ipconfig /release /renew. Non of which has worked. Maybe my wifi card is bad?

Anyways if I can think of something else i have done/tried I will post back tomorrow. And I thank you for reading this, and any help you may have for me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.