Dear sir, I to had the problem of System32 Folder Opens When Windows NT Starts, and after 2 days are so i did not see any folder opened,but my new system P4 turn down to be very very slow that i was not able open any folder nor browse internet.Then I opened my Task Manager, i was suprised to see that Explorer.exe was using 95 to 98 % of CPU

Then I had been directed to site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=177510, with this help i modified the
===== Thursday, February 05, 2004 === 6:03:30 PM =====
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/community/forums/
=========================================
registry and when i rebooted the system ,i saw that Explorer.exe is using only 0 to 7 % of CPU and i was able to browse also. But when I tried to open Windows or any other folder the Explorer.exe was again using higer Cpu 80 to 95 % and no folder opened at all.

So i once again request you to guide me in solving my system problems.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi. I just registered here. I found the site by searching and the advice found was very helpful. Anyway...to get to the current subject at hand---I too have a problem with my System32 'Windows Explorer' folder opening at start-up. And I believe that I can shed some more light on the problem. I know why mine is showing up. I had installed a monitoring program called I Am Big Brother on my system and once I completely uninstalled the program, I have had the System32 folder problem. Hopefully this information can help some of you techie guys (no offense intended, please excuse the reference ;) ) in figuring out exactly how to end this nuisance. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! :) S

P.S. The system i am using is Windows XP Home

Hi. I just registered here. I found the site by searching and the advice found was very helpful. Anyway...to get to the current subject at hand---I too have a problem with my System32 'Windows Explorer' folder opening at start-up. And I believe that I can shed some more light on the problem. I know why mine is showing up. I had installed a monitoring program called I Am Big Brother on my system and once I completely uninstalled the program, I have had the System32 folder problem. Hopefully this information can help some of you techie guys (no offense intended, please excuse the reference ;) ) in figuring out exactly how to end this nuisance. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! :) S

P.S. The system i am using is Windows XP Home

first you should create you own thread as its gets confusing trying to help 2 people in same thread .I'm pretty sure its spyware releated .

I got the Zlob trojan and removed it but it left behind the following HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer\Run-kernel32.dll with an image path of c:\Windows\system32\ This registry entry was opening my System32 folder every time anyone logged on to windows. I deleted the entry and it seems to have caused no problems and it stopped the folder opening issue. The Zlob virus puts an executable copy of itself in the system32 folder which will reinstall the trojan if it is 'cleaned out' by an antivirus/spyware program. Even though you remove this executable, the registry entry remains to cause you headaches. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.