wonder_laptop -3 Junior Poster in Training

Dear All,

My boss has asked me to implement a project that includes writing a "mobile code" using java programing language. This code will be transferred on the network of nodes ,going from the source code node to other nodes, and at a point returning to it with certain information.

Since its the first time somebody asks me to implement a networking project ..i have no idea what "mobile codes " are.

So i tried to do a lil research and it turned out that "mobile code is software transferred between systems, e.g. transferred across a network or via a USB flash drive, and executed on a local system without explicit installation or execution by the recipient." (from wikipedia)

however i couldnt find anything useful related to mobile codes transferred on the network that explains them in details and that gives open source examples so i know what kind of programming i will be doing.

all im asking for is to give me resources ( urls, books, .. ) just anything that i could read, understand and build upon.. because at this point, all i know about mobile codes are the definition i pasted above !! thank you :)))

PS: please let the resources u;ll be giving me be specific to the project i have to implement.

lookin forward for you replies :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.