i have a Hawking Technology adapter on Win XP on my other computer in the basement....it has been working fine for 2 weeks...i was only getting a speed of 11 mbps

For couple of days ....it says that i am connected to the network...but when i open internet explorer and try to go to a website...it doesn't go...
i also couldn't connect to AOL IM either

so i checked everything and found everything fine....

When i check the status of the connection in the windows display icon on the bottom right of the desktop...i saw that the computer was sending packages but not RECEIVING any...it says 0 packages...

what is the problem? is it with the adapter or my computer?
do i have to buy a new adapter?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Im guessing that you have some type of wireless router that you are connecting to. Also are you useing a DHCP ip or a static ip?

i have a linksys router...DHCP ip

Open a command prompt window by running "cmd" from the run dialog. After you get that loaded, type in "ipconfig /renew" and press enter. Copy and paste the results here.

I AM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!! IT SENDS PACKETS BUT DOESNT RECEIEVE THEM. I CAN ONLY USE THE INTERNET IN SAFE MODE, REGULAR MODE DOESNT WORK. ALSO, WHEN I START UP THE COMPUTER I GET TWO DIFERENT WINDOW MESSAGES SAYING:

"CoCreateInstance failed Status is 0x80040154 (the title name is Odhost)"
AND
(title name is Microsoft Visual C+++Runtime Library)
Program: ...ram files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\OdHost.exe
abnormal program termination

Also, in the little icon bar next to the clock, There SHOULD be a green link status thingy (thats how it is before this comes up) THEN, it turns gray.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.