Kiki23 0 Newbie Poster

Have just set up a wireless connection using the Netgear DG834GUKAL. It is connected to my PC and I don't have any problems connecting but my only flatmate, who's room is not even 10metres away can't connect using her laptop. She got the best USB card she could find (Belkin 125) and today we tested it out by starting in my room where her connection was perfect (1Mbps, but she was practically sitting on the router) then went to the next room (kitchen) where it was already weaker/slower (810kbps) and so on, till we got to her room, where all she got was a 13kbps connection and the signal was too low to even open a webpage!
The problem is, she's japanese, so we dunno if the problem lies in her laptop cause her settings are all in japanese, or if the laptop is too old (its a 2 year old Dell), or if the walls of the house we live in are too thick (its a very old building/vicarage), or if the Netgear just isn't giving out strong enough signals...etc.
Guys, really need help!

thanx, kiki

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.