I have an hp Ominibook 6100 laptop with windows xp home edition sp2 (retail version). I can not get on the net using my lap top. I have an internal network adapters call Intel Pro/100 vm network connection. Its wouldn't read the IP address with my router. I have a U.S. robotics v.90 MPCI Modem 556b, and PCMCIA adapters is Texas Instruments PCI-1420 Cardbus Controller. I also have a "?" on Other Devices call ISDN Controller. I have no Idea if that the cause of my problem for not get on the net.

Please feel free to email me any suggestion at www.skylineisbest@yahoo.com Thanks in advance.

might help people to answer your question if you worded your post better...

but im no network expert, but try downloading some drivers for the things you have a question mark next to... that might help...

Its wouldn't read the IP address with my router

and what does that mean? :S, well check that you've enabled the dhcp client on your router, that distributes IP address's to the computers i think...

The Network Adapter called Intel Pro/100 VM Network connection can read my router IP Address but it has an empty space for the Physical Address, an empty space for the DNS server and it doesn't show DHCP server. How can I activate this DHCP Server. Keep in mind that I am using my desktop computer to go on the internet for help with my laptop.

The Network Adapter called Intel Pro/100 VM Network connection can read my router IP Address but it has an empty space for the Physical Address, Sorry a little correction the network adapter does register an Physical Address.

Hello everyone,

I hate to solve my own problem, but I resovle my problem by replacing the mini-pci card to it original manufacture card called AMBIT Card with Lucent winmodem. Since I bought the laptop use and the seller was a repair shop they accidentally gave me a laptop that is ISDN ready . I told them they put the wrong modem and mini-pci card in my laptop but their tech guy didn't believe me because he has a degree in computer tech. After I send the laptop back to them, they admit that they made a mistake. I guess it true when someone said "a customer is always right" especially when a customer that have more laptop and computer than most average family and love to mess with them from taking apart and put it together again or built its own computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.