Guys,

I really need to know something about IP addresses that use for computers in a LAN and Proxy server.

There is a large network in my company and the computers on the network have been assigned IP addresses within the range 10.20.70.0 - 254 (255.255.255.0 - network mask). However, they are using proxy server and its IP is 192.168.222.1. Of course, the brower on our computers have been set with required proxy details and everythings work fine.

My doubt here is, since our LAN address (10.20.70.0/24) is completely different with the proxy server (192.168.222.1). So, how is it possible for my PC on the LAN to reach proxy server since their IPs are completely different?

Thanks in advance.
Thilee

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My doubt here is, since our LAN address (10.20.70.0/24) is completely different with the proxy server (192.168.222.1). So, how is it possible for my PC on the LAN to reach proxy server since their IPs are completely different?

This is not a problem. You have router(s) on the network that move traffic between the various subnets on your network.

oh yeah!! Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.