hello when i ping Facebook.com it shows this below..

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\OVN>ping facebook.com

Pinging facebook.com [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

C:\Users\OVN>

i would like to access it but am failing, since its not listed in the hosts file and no software installed that blocks it.
i only need to know how it was blocked and how to unblock it.. thanx

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Don't get what you're asking, the ping was successful and you can't load the site? Is that the problem?

The problem is that Facebook is resolving to 127.0.0.1 which is the loopback address.

You are sure uts not your HOSTS file? Are you getting the same result when using NSLOOKUP? What DNS are you pointing to?

The NSLOOKUP IS

C:\Users\OVN>NSLOOKUP facebook.com
Server: GSB-OVN-8-PC.mshome.net
Address: 192.168.137.1

Non-authoritative answer:

Addresses: 2a03:2880:2110:df01:face:b00c:0:8

C:\Users\OVN>

Facebook is blocked so i want to know how i can unblock it, Thanx

Your DNs server, my guess is the router on your network. Since the response was non authoritative, its getting that answer from somewhere else.

Try this, type NSLOOKUP and hit enter. Then type "server 8.8.8.8" no quotes and hit enter. You should be connected to google's public DNS. Then tyoe Facebook.com and hit enter. Compare the results. If the IP is the same, there is something filtering DNS packets. If the result is correct, then try this, on your client OS, go to the TCP/IP properties, and on the DNs client settings type 8.8.8.8. This IP address belongs to one of Google's public DNS servers.

JorgeM is correct.

Also, Is this your home server/router or, perhaps, your parent's? Seems like someone here blocked facebook on purpose. If it wasn't you, you are only going to piss off the person who did by trying to circumvnet the process.

If it is your server/router, then let us know what model/OS it's running. That's a good starting point. IF it is a local Bind on a server or one of the consumer routers, this can be easily fixed.

I just went to the server and edited the hosts file, now the server can access facebook but other pcs can't when i ping it shows this below...wish i think is okay but no access to facebook

C:\Users\GSB-OVN-4>ping facebook.com

Pinging facebook.com [173.252.110.27] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 173.252.110.27: bytes=32 time=385ms TTL=235
Reply from 173.252.110.27: bytes=32 time=385ms TTL=235
Reply from 173.252.110.27: bytes=32 time=387ms TTL=235
Reply from 173.252.110.27: bytes=32 time=387ms TTL=235

Ping statistics for 173.252.110.27:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 385ms, Maximum = 387ms, Average = 386ms

C:\Users\GSB-OVN-4>

We are using ICS Technology

The server can lookup FQDN from his own hosts file. The PC each have their own hosts lacking this entry.

Did you try simply using 8.8.8.8 for each PC DNS?

The keey here is to see what fowarders or external DNS servers your router/server is using. When the lookup is not in local dns cache, the server will query out to its configured forwarder for an answer. Can you change external forwarder to 8.8.8.8 for a test?

Hi guys i just thought it woud be helpfu if i told you the way to get on facebook through other sites. first go to gmail, sign in and when you get to your gmail change your wallpaper to graffiti. i dont know how this heps but it does. Then compose a message to ping pong facebook . type unblockFacebook336 in that exact way. In about 2 minutes they will text back with a link to a pinged facebook site . Click on the link then it will ask you to identify yourself to make sure your not a robot. afrter you identify yourself you can sign in and get to whatever you want to on your facebook account. your welcome in advance if this works come back and say thank you.btwthisisfake

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.