I want to access an Ext HDD that is connected to laptop, when the laptop is closed, I can't access the Ext HDD on the network. I want this External HDD accessed at anytime including when it's closed. In my searches all I find is how to setup a network within Windows between computers, I did come across Windows Credential is this the route follow ?
**How to fix the problem of “Could not reconnect all network drives” on Windows 7
- Click Start, then in the “Search programs or files” box type “Credential Manager” and click it.
- Click “Add a Windows credential”
- Type in the Internet or Network address (Enter the server name only), the User name, and the Password. Click OK, then click "X" to close the window
- Click Start, then click Computer.
- Click Map network drive
- Select the Drive from the pull down list, and type in the path to the Folder you want to map. Make sure the Reconnect at Login box is checked, and click "Finish".
The folder will open, and you are done. The next time to Login or Reboot computer the drive will be mounted.**