how to connect d-link router wirelessly with asus rt-n66u dark knight gigabit router wireless-n900.
the d-link router is connected with cable with the service internet provider modem and i need the asus router to pick up d-link wirelessly and connect with wireless printer and also server with i use for back up when make the asus router able to connect this other devices with diffrent pcs wirelessly

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by nomanseo

You need to disable the routing capability of the asus, and simply use it as a WiFi access point that is connected with the d-link. This may not be simple. Multiple routers in a LAN is possible, but difficult to set up and deal with. I have such a situation in my home - a Linksys and a Netopia router(s) - the Netopia is connected to the Internet. I disabled the Linksys' router functionality and am only using it as a WiFi access point and Ethernet switch in areas of the house where the Netopia rounter/access-point doesn't reach. I could have them connected wirelessly, but I use a power-line connector instead. Works great (reliable) and has good bandwidth to connect the two devices.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.