Hello
Greetings

I have two router. One which is connected to main line and other is linksys router(WRT 54g) which i want to configure so that i can use my wifi in the are where i was unable to use earlier.
Can yo please tell me how can i configure it so that i can extends my signals

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Easy, Turn off the DHCP on the second router and configure it so it is on same subnet as first. example, if your main gateway is 192.168.0.1 then configure second routers ip to be 192.168.0.2. Then plug your ethernet from first router or switch to the LAN on second router, NOT WAN! This will essentially turn your second router into a wifi AP. It will send all traffic and IP requests back to the main gateway. Good Luck.

Another way is to connect the WAN of the second router to the LAN of the first router, but you have to set up the LAN of the second router on a different network.

Thanks for the reply and ur help
Is it possible to connect my router without wire. If i placed my second router in an area where wifi signal weak and second router boostup signal

I have never attempted this and don't know for sure if it is possible, but I have come accross forums that claimed it was possible with certain routers if you were to load a thrid party firmware like PFSense or DDWRT on it. I would turn your research there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.