Hello, i am presently trying to network my local hard drive c over my home network
i enabled sharing, gave full control to everbody however if i try to access the hard drive from another location this comes up
87930a46c07cc3e766af51e818a454fd
any ideas?

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Hey_1

What os? Is the C drive where the os resides? If so, it's not a good idea to share the os drive to everyone even on your home network. What are you trying to accomplish?

Edited by cgeier

What steps did you follow to set it up? This guide might come in handy.

I second that sharing your c: is a bad idea. If you really want to do this on windows, I would either use another storage system (external hdd, raid, etc...) for shared files, or another partiton, or a vhd (which you can easily make in 'computer management' which is already installed on your computer).

If your using an old laptop as the NAS, may I suggest trying out linux? It'll probably be easier to set up, and you'll be able to use it for more services easily.

Try to share drive firsty by rihjt clicking the folder, there you will find shre this folder.

Edited by Hey_1: i have written irrelivent

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.