Installing NS2 2.35 under cygwin with which version for xp windows? and give me its guidence plz?

Is it noticable that which version of cygwin with wich version of ns2 shoud be install?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Is it noticable that which version of cygwin with wich version of ns2 shoud be install?

The latest version of both unless an older version of ns2 is required. Then you'll install the required version of ns2 and the latest version of cygwin.

Installing NS2 2.35 under cygwin with which version for xp windows?

Why are you running xp lad? (there might be valid reasons, but I'm curious)

and give me its guidence plz?

Guidence with what?

Hi dear . tnx for answer.. whould you mind that send me email to golden.rose876@yahoo.com to ask more question directly?

by guidence I mean that the installation guidence.

but now my problem change to another thing bcoz I installed ubunto 13.04 instead in vmware and now it is so much slow even that I didnt install the Ns2 yet!

Hi dear . tnx for answer.. whould you mind that send me email to golden.rose876@yahoo.com to ask more question directly?

At Daniweb we answer questions publicly, so if someone has a simular question then they may stumble here and get a solution.

I installed ubunto 13.04 instead in vmware and now it is so much slow

Given that your computer was running xp, I'm not suprized. If your computer is really that old, then you'll need to use a better approach. That being said, try running lubuntu instead in the vm.

I install ubunto on vm but it works very slow ..
I really have problem with it. should I use another version or another kind of linux system? please help me I really get crazy with these installation.. I dont have enogh time:((

My system is as the pic here

memory 1002.2 MiB
Processor Intel Cor 2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50 GHz
Graphics Gallium 0.4 on LLvmpipe (LLVM 3.3, 128 bits)
OS type 32-bit
Disk 19.9 GB

I install ubunto on vm but it works very slow .. I really have problem with it. should I use another version or another kind of linux system? please help me I really get crazy with these installation.. I dont have enogh time:((

You don't have enough time to read my previous post? I already answered this, but summary: Your computer is crap, and it's probably not fast enough to use a vm. You can try Lubuntu instead of Ubuntu. A better method would be to format the entire computer and install Lubuntu as the native operating system.

May I also suggest that you move on to ns3 while you are at it.

For most tasks, ns3 is far superior to ns2. If you are moving in the direction of Linux then it makes the transition to ns3 even easier as the installation is essentially spelled out for you on the main page

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.