I just finished setting up a p2p network of 5 pc's. File and print sharing is enabled on all computers and I have verified my workgroup name on each computer. The printer I want to share is on pc1. Pc2 and pc4 found the printer on pc1, loaded the drivers needed and everything worked great. Pc3 and pc5 find the printer no problem but when I try to add the printer it says that the printer name is wrong or the printer cannot be found. All the pc's had Norton (which I am not a fan of). I disabled Norton completely by going through msconfig and also disabled windows firewall on all pc's and still the same. I have ran virus checks on all computers and everything came back clean. I am confused on why pc3 and pc5 cannot connect to the printer on pc1. Help please

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What OS are the computers?

All pc's are running xp-pro sp2

I had this problem too. Are you sure you're trying to print from the right printer? It's usaully "LaserJet1231 on pc1"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.