Hello Folks,

I have a really technical issue hear if anyone can assist please. I recently got an Arris tg1672 wifi modem from our ISP which is also being used for IP TV, so the modem cannot be bridged or else I will lose the IP TV feed. However I have a router that had configurations for a VPN and surveillance cameras that I used with the previous modem. Is there any way that I can connect the router to the modem and access my VPN and cameras from the router without putting the modem in bridged mode?

Contributors
Views
2 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by CimmerianX

PG 24 of the Web GUI guide for this modem lays out everything you need.
http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/User_Guide/TG1672G-NA-Web-GUI-User-Guide

You are only allowed to use port forwarding to virtual servers. In your case I imaging you want to forward tcp 1 to 1023 to the internal host on 1 to 1023 as well.

BTW, this is one of the most annoying trends. ATT Uverse does this also... the modems they ship now do almost the exact same thing while leaving a high port listening for signals from ATT for whatever they use it for.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.