I HOPE THIS IS WHERE IT CAN BE SEEN:

I got 4 systems on a small office network; 2 with Windows 7 and the newest one on Windows 10. The other is in the process of being upgraded to 7 so I can upgrade to Windows 10. When I hooked up the newest one all was working fine, but then one dropped out and the rest followed suit. I have done all I know to reestablish the links, but nothing. The newest one sees all computers, but none cannot connect to the new one even when it appears in the network. It gives a message there is a problem, but does not specify what; only giving a error code and number.
I am out of ideas on how I can get things working back the way they were before. This is for a small office so it is imperative I get this corrected as soon as possible. No upgrades to Windows 10 have been started as of yet on the other 3 because the connection problems started on Monday this week (7/25/16). HELP with any suggestions. Trouble shooting says everything is operating fine

Contributors
Views
1 Year
Discussion Span
Last Post by rproffitt

Let me start with 3 basic network questions.

1. Did you turn off "simple sharing" in Windows? (Hint I do.)
  2. Did you enable the guest account? (Hint, if you don't have a Windows Server and do not care to maintain accounts, you might do this.)
  3. How are you dealing with accounts? (Hint. A share is limited to user accounts, priviledges and more.)

Finally, did you turn off the firewall in your router? That does block shares.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.