Hey, I was wondering if this is possible or not, I have a toshiba laptop, and it has a built in modem, and the modem doesn't work anymore, and I found out toshiba built the computers to where you can't just buy a external modem you have to buy another motherboard. Which the board is about 500 dollars, and I am a little tight on money now. But I already have a wireless netowrk setup between my laptop on my desktop. Is it possible for me to connect to the internet through my desktop which has a dialup connection, and if it is possible let me know how to thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sure, if they are already conntected wirelessly you should be able to setup ICS on that wireless connection.

however.. the browsing speeds are going to be slower than normal due to the shared connection..

Sure, if they are already conntected wirelessly you should be able to setup ICS on that wireless connection.

however.. the browsing speeds are going to be slower than normal due to the shared connection..

Well, I don't plan on using the internet on both of the computer at the same time, I jsut don't want to have to buy a new laptop, since money is tight now. But how exactly do you setup ICS on a windows XP computer.

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Click on Set up a home or small office network.

There is a setting to setup ICS or Internet Connection Sharing, follow the directions, its really stright forward.

how to configure in Vsnl Dial-up connection in Toshiba Laptop with vsnl no(172222)???????????
pls help......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.