I have had a wireless home network, which is secured (WEP), for couple of years now, with no problem, am using modem/router plugged into desktop PC (Win XP SP2) and two Sony Vaio laptops on wireless. My laptop VGN-SZ17 (bought it recently) could always connect perfectly, but 2 days ago when I switched it on, it gave me a message "Limited or no connectivity" and I can't get on the Web. I checked the other laptop and the wireless is working fine. I tried using the 'repair' feature, but it says it can't complete it because it is unable to assign an IP. Nothing has changed with my router for the past couple of years. I have tried the XP bug fix, the registry fix, the netsh fix etc. but this didn’t work. Oh, and I also tried using ipconfig refresh/renew, which also didn't work.
If anyone can help me I'd be most grateful, I'm really beginning to lose it now. Many thanks.

I have had a wireless home network, which is secured (WEP), for couple of years now, with no problem, am using modem/router plugged into desktop PC (Win XP SP2) and two Sony Vaio laptops on wireless. My laptop VGN-SZ17 (bought it recently) could always connect perfectly, but 2 days ago when I switched it on, it gave me a message "Limited or no connectivity" and I can't get on the Web. I checked the other laptop and the wireless is working fine. I tried using the 'repair' feature, but it says it can't complete it because it is unable to assign an IP. Nothing has changed with my router for the past couple of years. I have tried the XP bug fix, the registry fix, the netsh fix etc. but this didn’t work. Oh, and I also tried using ipconfig refresh/renew, which also didn't work.
If anyone can help me I'd be most grateful, I'm really beginning to lose it now. Many thanks.

I'm having a similar problem and can't connect. Help!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.