Hi,

I have a problem connecting to the internet through my T-Mobile Sinus DSL Basic SE wireless router/modem:

I have 2 laptops, one is a Dell and the other is a Hi-Grade. The Dell uses Windows XP Professional SP2 whilst the Hi-Grade laptop uses Windows XP Home SP2.

When I plug the Dell laptop into the router with an ethernet cable; everything is fine I can access the internet.
Yet when I plug the Hi-Grade laptop into the router with an ethernet cable; I receive a 'Limited or No Connectivity' message and cannot access the internet.
When I try to access the internet wirelessly using either laptop; I receive a 'Limited or No Connectivity Message' and cannot access the internet.

I would be extremely grateful if somebody could shed some light on the problem and help me fix it.

PS. My ISP is T-Online in Germany.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Xpenetrator

I like Germany. I think your wireless settings aren't set correctly. Reset your router, make sure it's acting as a DHCP server, and make sure that wireless is set to the max. then try to connect again.

Hi, I'm here at request from Daneo to help with this problem, primarily to translate the router manual for other people that want to help - I don't know anything about WLAN configuration. I can point Daneo to the right menus and settings, according to what you experienced WLAN experts suggest.

@Daneo, I guess it's best to try the one laptop that works on the LAN first. (For the other laptop: Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Network and Internet Connections. Click Network Connections. Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties. Click the General tab, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in the "This connection uses the following items" list, and then click Properties. In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties dialog box, click Obtain an IP address automatically (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.)

I suppose you already entered the correct MAC address of the network card (NIC) (ascertained with the IPCONFIG /ALL command) in the router? That would mean you probably generated keys (which I don't understand at all, please help everybody) and proceeded through the essential pages of the "Schritt für Schritt Assistent" (step-by-step wizard)? If not, we can go through that together (again).

@TheNNS
DHCP is activated by default in that router, we're on the settings now and I don't know what you mean by "make sure that wireless is set to the max." Maybe signal strength?

Yes, signal strenght has to be set to the highest. Also make sure it's set to B and G, or whatever.

Success! :cheesy: It turns out I hadn't entered the MAC address for each laptop into the router! Oddly the Dell laptop wasn't registered yet still worked with a LAN connection.:confused: But doesn't matter now, all is working!

Thank you for your help Xpenetrator (again!) and also to TheNNS! :cheesy:

I'm alleviated! (I didn't have to dive deeply into that wireless networking stuff)

"I love it when a plan comes together" (Hannibal Smith, A-Team) :mrgreen:

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.