Hi, I'm new to the forum and I apologize if I'm in the wrong section.

I just have a general question about the activity BYTES.

Recently a day ago I came across a lagg problem and became very curious looked around and read forums here and there. I refered to the Local Area Connection and found my activity bytes to have a VERY DISTURBING ratio.

I was reciving more than was being sent. (ex. 1 : 3 , 2 million packet to 6 million)

So basically I'm wondering is this a Virus or some sort, and if so is there anyway to fix this type, because I have virus scans(zonealarm) and many spyware removers and seem to find nothing.

If anyone has an idea or an answer to this problem I thank you very much in advance.

-Sam

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

no its normal

Oh, thanx for the reply.

I hope its normal because I play this game, and I'm recieving a much higher lagg than I usually would, called my internet company and said nothings wrong.

So its normal to recieve a rough 1 : 4 ratio in terms of bytes? (or sometimes even higher for that matter)

mines about 50,000 to 30,000

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.