Hello there people. I barely signed up today because I have encountered a problem with my new laptop. When I enable my Local Internet Connection, it always says it's acquiring an address or something like that. But, then it always says that it has a "limited or no connectivity." Now, I have have read some threads from here, but I still don't know what to do. My internet has slowed down; also, I can't press repair. Like other people who has had a similar problem, the manufactuer put in SP2. I have Windows. None of my firewalls are active. What do I do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi eness2003,

Can you give us more details on your network setup please? Information such as the type of Internet connection (cable, DSL, etc.), and the makes/models of your networking devices (modem, router, etc.) would be helpful.

Hi eness2003,

Can you give us more details on your network setup please? Information such as the type of Internet connection (cable, DSL, etc.), and the makes/models of your networking devices (modem, router, etc.) would be helpful.

yes..............my internet connection is DSL and I have a SpeedStream (unknown model) Modem.

Who is your Internet Service Provider?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.