hi,

i've just gotten a new laptop - futjisu siemens intel celeron m. I'm trying to activate the wireless enabled connection. i have aol broadband netgear dg834g v.3 wireless router modem. it won't go wireless?

need help please

it won't go wireless?

Please give us more specific information to work with if you can:

* Is it just the Internet that you can't seem to connect to, or can you not even establish a wireless connection between the laptop and the Netgear?

* Exactly
what messages/errors (if any) do you get when you try to connect?

* Open your Network Connections folder and right-click on the wireless connection's icon. Can you see the Netgear's SSID (the default is "Netgear") when you choose "View Available Wireless Networks" from the resulting drop-down menu?

* Can you achieve a working Internet connection if you connect the laptop to the router with a CAT5 Ethernet cable instead of trying to use the wireless conneciton?

* DOes a wireless connection icon appear in the system tray at the right-hand side of your Task Bar? If so, right-click on that icon and click the "Status" menu option; tell us exactly what information the status window displays.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.