ive st up a switch on one computer plugged it in and assigned it an ip address 192.168.1.1 and a subnet mask of something like this 255.255.255.0.0 and when i started to set up the network it asks me to save a configerating file to my memory stuck
do i take that to the other computers and there shared folders should turn up on my network places

also if i was to share my C:/ drive on another computer could i map it on my main pc

hope im not boring you

cheers
bondi 007

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TheNNS

Yes you can access the shared folders from your computer of the same network. And no need to map your s drive just make it share thats it

after you set up the home network it asks you to put a setup file on to flash or floppy so all the computers can share

cheers

the mshome workgroup will only allow you to "see" other computers and their shared folders, printers, etc... it won't create a new folder or in any other way change the files or folders as they appear on any of the machines.

sorry thats waht i mean so if i assign it to mshome the computers shared folder will be there

cheers

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.