I've got a Linksys WRT150N wireless router. I don't have WEP enabled as I'm on 13 acres and my nearest neighbor is over a half mile away.

My problem is when I connect wirelessly I get good download and bandwidth speeds to start (most of the time) but it slowly but surely reduces to where websites take longer than dial-up, and my downloads are going at about 2-3k. Anyone out there know what I have to do to keep good speeds all the time??? Plz help, I'm dying here.

Is this only a wireless phenomenon? i.e. when you are wired to the router all is always satisfactory?

When you are connected wirelessly, you should be able to obtain signal strength diagnostics expressed in dbm. If you can do this, let us know th readings at start up (good speed) and as it degrades.

You also get a readout of Kbos (like 54Mb; 48Mb). What readings do you get at start and as it degrades?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.