When I restart my crt monitor it goes black, but the mouse cursor is still showing.When I manually restart my pc the monitor works fine.Should I be looking out for a new monitor ?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

how do you restart your crt monitor?
give more detail!
does your monitor go black with a blinking cursor if computer goes into hibernation or what are you saying

This is not your monitor. I think your windows have some troubles recognizing resolution. try to do that restart at 600*800 resolution.

or if it has a graphics card the card is busy dying

how do you restart your crt monitor?
give more detail!
does your monitor go black with a blinking cursor if computer goes into hibernation or what are you saying

I switch of my pc pressing the power button.When I turn it back on it works fine, but when I restart my pc the the monitor goes black with the mouse cursor still showing.I can move it around but that is as far as that function goes.The led light on monitor also goes from green to yellow.

The fact that the cuesor is showing and you can move it around means that the problem is not with the monitor, but is instead with your PC.

What PC have you got, what operating system has it got on it, and have you added any new hardware to it recently?

The fact that the cuesor is showing and you can move it around means that the problem is not with the monitor, but is instead with your PC.

What PC have you got, what operating system has it got on it, and have you added any new hardware to it recently?

your computer does not shut down properly - therefor there is something wrong with your windows (OS), do a repair of your operating system with your original OS cd, if you do not know how to do this reply to this post and also answer Riks question on what operating system you have
:)

I my opinion, thats operating systems fault.
Try to use that monitor with any other computer and so the same. Tell us the result.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.