Hello,

I installed 'Marvel Ultimate Alliance' game on my PC. Every function and graphics display well except for the characters, mine and the villains alike. They seem to look like silhouettes or stick men with weapons. I asked someone else about it and he said the problem could be in my video card. Either it is not compatible with the game or doesn't have Effects Accelerator in it. I have no idea about this Effects Accelerator thing.

The game's minimum system requirement are as follows:
- Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
- Hard Drive Space: 8000 MB
- DVD-ROM: 8X DVD-ROM
- RAM: 512 MB RAM
- Video Memory: 128 MB VRAM

My PC has:

- Pentium D Dual Core 3.0 GHz
- Hard Disk Space: I got 200+ GB free space
- LG GSA-H54N 18x DVD ReWriter
- RAM - 1 GB RAM
- Video Memory: Built-in 256 MB VRAM from ASUS P5B-MX/WiFi-AP Motherboard

I'm planning to by a 512 video card with effects accelerator but I'm not sure if this would solve the problem. I might spend money for nothing.
I would appreciate your help on this matter.
Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Please try this program:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
you will require an internet connection to do the test and the program will check your PC and tell you if you can or cannot run a game. And it will show you what you have failed on and by how much.

Thanks a lot! This really helps.
Have a nice day.

No worries, it's what we are here for :)

Video Memory: Built-in 256 MB VRAM from ASUS P5B-MX/WiFi-AP Motherboard

Thats the problem. Video built into the motherboard is crappy - in reality its something like a 2mb video chip and steals the rest of the memory from the system ram and steals CPU time from your main CPU whereas an add-in card has its own fast dedicated memory and CPU.

I just bought a video card yesterday. It took me some time to buy because picking the right one is not easy. I have to consider the features and price. What I bought is Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB. The characters are displaying properly now. Problem solved. I hope I chose a good one and won't have other problems with it.
Thanks for all your help! God bless.

i also have the same problem on my macbook, i have installed MUA fully but the character graphic is the only problem, the background and everything else is good.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.