hi everybody, i had just bought a new CPU, i said to the seller to place a core 2 duo processor but when i checked from my computer properties it is displaying "INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CPU 1.6 GHZ". plz tell me that whether it is a dual core or core 2 duo. i think it is dual core. thnx in this regards.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hey Bro,
Can you be more specific on your processor.

I need more information about your system if you can provide me then i can tell about the processor of your computer. But as i know you have dual core processor whose clock speed is 1.6 ghz. For more information you can see the properties of your computer and also you can check your total system by software, there are different type of software are present for checking the total system specifications.

hi everybody, i had just bought a new CPU, i said to the seller to place a core 2 duo processor but when i checked from my computer properties it is displaying "INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CPU 1.6 GHZ". plz tell me that whether it is a dual core or core 2 duo. i think it is dual core. thnx in this regards.

On this descrition it is difficult to predict.

It is not possible to sort out the processor of computer just by the "My Computer's" properties.For this information you have to give some more information about your system or download any software which will tell you that which processor is running on your computer.

Regards.
Andy.

What caperjack said - cpuz will tell you all about your system hardware. Also, you can boot into the BIOS and see what it says. In any case, you do have a dual core CPU from what you posted.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.