Hi Guys! I Need Help Getting Into My Dell D600 Laptop, I Forgot My Password And Now I Cannot Use It Anymore. It Has No Cd Rom So There Is No Other Was.
Please Help

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

the administrative password is on the bios chip itself, at least thats what i think because i cant even get into the bios setup. i took the laptop apart until i sat with only the mainboard in my hand, disconected the CMOS battery and put everything back together again hoping the CMOS memory would be erased but it wasnt. I could not find any jumpers or dip switches on the board so now i am lost.

Easy way would be to use windows PE and install the harddrive in a different computer then use the program locksmith the come with (Windows PE) but try this tool at( http://www.loginrecovery.com/) never use it always use edr commander or linux boots disk to recover the password but heard it work There are aso Linux boot disks that have DOS and NTFS filesystem drivers and software that will read the registry and rewrite the password hashes for any account including the Administrators.

you can still clear the cmos by disconnecting the cmos battery and then shorting the contacts on the battery connector this will have the same effect as jumpers would, however you must remove the laptop battery and power supply first or it will not work.

if your trying to clear the bios password the standard cmos clear using jumpers or the proceedure i explained above should work for any pc. just removing the cmos battery wont work you have to short the contacts. never fails.
if you're talking bout the windows admin password you need wininternals erd locksmith or PE with locksmith
by the way if you look around on the net you can find free downloads of tech manuals for your dell all quite legally and plenty of rescources that will give you good accurete info. try eserviceinfo.com

if your trying to clear the bios password the standard cmos clear using jumpers or the proceedure i explained above should work for any pc. just removing the cmos battery wont work you have to short the contacts. never fails.
if you're talking bout the windows admin password you need wininternals erd locksmith or PE with locksmith
by the way if you look around on the net you can find free downloads of tech manuals for your dell all quite legally and plenty of rescources that will give you good accurete info. try eserviceinfo.com

for newer Dell´s, the paperclip procedure is necessary

It is a very troublesome thing for a very busy person.
I usually forgot my PC password.
SO, I usually Search some reset password tools.
I found Windows Password Unlocker is a good choice.
Easy, Importantly, without data loss or reinstalling!

the administrative password is on the bios chip itself, at least thats what i think because i cant even get into the bios setup. i took the laptop apart until i sat with only the mainboard in my hand, disconected the CMOS battery and put everything back together again hoping the CMOS memory would be erased but it wasnt. I could not find any jumpers or dip switches on the board so now i am lost.

You did not need to take it apart to remove the Cmos battery, on the Dell D600 just remove the battery & there is a little door against the front of the laptop open that & you have access to the Cmos battery, removing this battery will not clear admin passwords. I know this is an old post but i thought i would mention the access panel because if one person has gone to all the trouble stripping the lappy to get to the battery then maybe someone else would end up doing the same if their rtc battery was dead.

take out the battery don´t work on Dell Laptops.
I got a Dell Master Password from SNIP

I guess it is time to close this thread as it has become a spam magnet and nothing more...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.