Earlier today, I unplugged the power cord from my machine to move it to a different room (the machine was running at the time). When I plugged the machine back in it did not respond and would not charge the battery. Slowly, the battery began to lose its charge, and eventually it shut down. I tried to plug, unplug, jostle, and wiggle the power cord at its connection to the computer but nothing happened. The computer will not turn on. The power cord is displaying a green light so I ruled out that it was the problem. I think the issue might be with the post just inside the computer that connects with the power cord.
Does this seem likely? I'm not qualified to work on a laptop, but is there anything I can do? Thanks!