Earlier today, I unplugged the power cord from my machine to move it to a different room (the machine was running at the time). When I plugged the machine back in it did not respond and would not charge the battery. Slowly, the battery began to lose its charge, and eventually it shut down. I tried to plug, unplug, jostle, and wiggle the power cord at its connection to the computer but nothing happened. The computer will not turn on. The power cord is displaying a green light so I ruled out that it was the problem. I think the issue might be with the post just inside the computer that connects with the power cord.

Does this seem likely? I'm not qualified to work on a laptop, but is there anything I can do? Thanks!

not everyone is unfortunate enough to own two dells, let alone two of the same model. i just bought a refurb less than a month or so ago and it's dead already!

run your battery with anpther dell inspiron 1525 laptop to see if your battery have problem or maybe you need to get another dell inspiron 1525 adapter and try again.
You can get new dell inspiron 1525 battery online from uk online shop http://www.global-battery.co.uk.

are you absolutely crazy. Now stop and put on your inside thinking cap okay? Who on earth would happen to have extra dell inspirion batteries or extra computer just hanging out for us to use for testing and spare parts. Get a life bud!
IF we had a 2nd Computer we would be using it. Spare us your sales pitch in a help forum. You are not helping.
Reddhott

It sounds like the "Power Board" could very well be the issue. The Dell Inspiron 1525 has a separate board that has the power jack mounted on it. This board is known to fail, and usually just limits your laptop battery from charging - we've seen some that won't turn on at all as well. You should check out our article, Dell Inspiron 1525 Not Charging we sell the parts and have a mail in service for repair if you need it.

Hope that helps!

I have a similar problem with my Ispiron 1501. I have found that removing the battery for 30 sec, then replace it without the power cor pluged in. then switch on. I usually works.

I have run the Dell utillity but no faults showed up with the charger or battery. So I will keep using this fix untill I kan find out what is the fault.

It sounds like the "Power Board" could very well be the issue. The Dell Inspiron 1525 has a separate board that has the power jack mounted on it. This board is known to fail, and usually just limits your laptop battery from charging - we've seen some that won't turn on at all as well. You should check out our article, Dell Inspiron 1525 Not Charging we sell the parts and have a mail in service for repair if you need it.

Hope that helps!

A Laptop I recently saw had an issue with the power sub-board simply falling out of a groove so that it was dangling loose inside the chassis and never making contact with the power cord. If that's not the case the power sub-board may still be worth looking at, so good that you brought this up, in spite of the fact that this is clearly an advertisement.

Also, as for a machine that powers on but has a black screen, I believe it may be pertinent to confirm that the RAM is properly seated, as it can easily appear to be, and not actually be. Without ram, the machine I had looked at wouldn't even display any warnings. (I assume it has onboard graphics card with shared video memory, if that makes a difference) Also note that the laptops I have seen have two ram slots, positioned so that one stick overlaps the other, so double check both.

I HAVE FOUND A WORK AROUND, WORK 100% with guarante

If testing (press and keep "Fn" and press the power button) of your Inspirion 1525 is ok, do the following

1) press and keep the button "F2", press and release the power button
2) after about 10s, you will see light on the display, release F2

voila (try again if it not work the first time, turn all off before you try)

why F2? because it is for the BIOS setup, I want to check the bios settings, and then I saw this trick by using F2 to "trigger" the display. There must be a bug in Dell POST check since it "thinks" there is something wrong and then it halts the whole check.

GL
Tuan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.