I got all my stuff in today and I took all day (just got done) to build it, and build it RIGHT. I have checked everything multiple times and apparently I am missing something because when I go to start up my computer it doesn't start.

What I do:

1. Make sure everything is connected.
2. Turn the Monitor On.
3. Turn the power supply on.
4. Turn the computer on. (Monitor and then computer is how mobo instruction manual says to do it)

What happens:

When I go to turn the power supply I get one green light at the bottom of my mobo and the other light doesn't turn on. After this I turn on (or try to) my computer and I hear a little whining sound. The mobo fan twitches and then nothing happens. So I turn off the computer and come to this forum for support.

For anyone who dosen't know these are my computer specs:

ANTEC FULL TOWER 500W (CONSERVATIVELY RATED) TRUE POWER PSU
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE MOTHERBOARD
AMD 64BIT 3500 VENICE CHIP PROCESSOR
2 GIG CORSAIR TWINXDDR400 PC3200 RAM
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 250GIG 7200 RPM HARDDRIVE
EVGA GEFORCE 6600 128MB PCIe x16 VIDEO CARD
XP PRO W/ SP2 (Not installed yet because I can't get the computer to run)

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post!!

I got all my stuff in today and I took all day (just got done) to build it, and build it RIGHT. I have checked everything multiple times and apparently I am missing something because when I go to start up my computer it doesn't start.

What I do:

1. Make sure everything is connected.
2. Turn the Monitor On.
3. Turn the power supply on.
4. Turn the computer on. (Monitor and then computer is how mobo instruction manual says to do it)

What happens:

When I go to turn the power supply I get one green light at the bottom of my mobo and the other light doesn't turn on. After this I turn on (or try to) my computer and I hear a little whining sound. The mobo fan twitches and then nothing happens. So I turn off the computer and come to this forum for support.

For anyone who dosen't know these are my computer specs:

ANTEC FULL TOWER 500W (CONSERVATIVELY RATED) TRUE POWER PSU
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE MOTHERBOARD
AMD 64BIT 3500 VENICE CHIP PROCESSOR
2 GIG CORSAIR TWINXDDR400 PC3200 RAM
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 250GIG 7200 RPM HARDDRIVE
EVGA GEFORCE 6600 128MB PCIe x16 VIDEO CARD
XP PRO W/ SP2 (Not installed yet because I can't get the computer to run)

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post!!

when u say twitches i take it you mean it spins a bit then stops..right or wrong? this might be a power supply fault or might be a motherboard fault. do you have another PC of which you can test these components on? :confused:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.