Hi my sony vaio notebook will not boot it starts up then goes to a window saying windows did not start successfully and gives me options to start in safe mode etc.. but when you click on any of the options the screen goes blank then says something about physical dump i cant read what it says as it restarts itself immediately then keeps doing the same thing over and over PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
MANY THANKS
Anita:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I am having a similar problem. Sony didn't include an XP CD with the laptop, so I'm feeling really stuck.

bblaiklocl

Don't panic- computer problems happen to the best of us at the worst of times. There's always a way to get your computer back, the only issue is time, effort, and cost.

If you can get your hands on any windows XP CD- any version- preferably with service pack 2, then you should definitely visit this site www.ubcd4win.com. Using the CD and the program on the website, you can create one of the best recovery tools I've ever seen. You boot off the CD you create into a windows-like GUI with plenty of troubleshooting tools- lots of antivirus and antispyware tools, diagnostics, password recovery, you name it!

Falling short of that, if you can beg, borrow, or steal any windows operating system CD (but try to match it as closely as possible to your installed OS), you can boot off of that and go into the recovery console- a command-line based tool that allows you to attempt repair and recovery, but is a little difficult to use.

This should help you: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial117.html

Apparently you can install the recovery console as a boot option on your computer- which is pretty cool- but you don't need to do that to use it, so ignore all that.

Just a final note- something that confused me- it will prompt you for an administrative password. Just hit enter when it does, don't type anything in, and you'll get in- assuming you don't have one. You probably don't unless you set one up.

Good luck!

--The Comodore

ghfhffhg

commented: Spam. +0

I have similar problem. I know it can be repaired using Hiren's Boot CD but the NetBook does not have a CD Drive. There is a USB Drive but there is no option to boot to USB at BIOS. There is no floppy drive either. There is no Repair Console. I wonder why the manufacturer with their brilliant mind did not include recovery console or did not provide any means to repair the Operating system. Does this mean, if you lose your OS, you lose your NetBook? Anybody can help?

Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

I have similar problem. I know it can be repaired using Hiren's Boot CD but the NetBook does not have a CD Drive. There is a USB Drive but there is no option to boot to USB at BIOS. There is no floppy drive either. There is no Repair Console. I wonder why the manufacturer with their brilliant mind did not include recovery console or did not provide any means to repair the Operating system. Does this mean, if you lose your OS, you lose your NetBook? Anybody can help?

Booting to a USB DVD drive is booting from a so-called internal DVD drive, so just try it. I have known it to work.

I gotta copy of hiren's boot cd but i dont vershtei all that comp jive. can yall clue a nongeek like me in . How can i fix my vaio desktop with it cuz I am lost blood. lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.