When I was a little boy and when I became a father, one of my favorite holiday traditions was going to the local mall (or for a treat, to Macy's on 34th Street in Manhattan) to see Santa, sit on the old guy's knee, get the annual picture and share with the big guy what was being wished for for Christmas. Another seasonal activity that was a favorite tradition was writing the letter to Santa pleading the case of my goodness and what my hopes and dreams were.

Things are different know. The USPS has announced that they were no longer running one of their annual Santa Letter services due to the economics of it and on Mashable there is a story about the 5 top ways to interact with Santa on line.

Now while I love the NoradSanta.org website I fear that the surge in social media and web based services are stealing some of the old magic away from kids. Does anyone else agree?

Sadly, the magic of Santa have been replaced the spirit of capitalism 2.0.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.