Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. If not, could someone please direct me to the correct forum.

Here is my problem:
This is a CPU scheduling math calculations:
The following is a set of processes with the length of CPU burst, given in milliseconds:

Process: Burst Time: Priority:
=====: =======: =====:
---P1---- -----10------ ---3----
---P2---- -----1------- ---1----
---P3---- -----2------- ---3----
---P4---- -----1------- ---4----
---P5---- -----5------ ----2----

The above processes is assumed to have arrived in the order of P1,P2,P3,P4,P5, all at time 0.

Questions:
a) Draw a gantt chart that illustrates the execution of these processes using the following scheduling algorithms: FCFS, SJF, nonpreemtive priority(a smalleer priority number implies a higher priority) and RR (quantum = 1)
b) what is the turnaround time of each process for each of the scheduling algorithm?
c) what is the waiting time of each process for each of the scheduling algorithm?
d) Which of the algorithms results in minimum average waiting time (over all processes)?

Can someone please give me a clue and I'll run with it.
Thanks.
tgif

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Salem.
Thanks for your input to my question. I took the time to look at some litteratures on this subject and I got the answers I needed.
I wish everybody in the forum a merry christmas.
tgif.

commented: Excellent job! :) +12
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.