Hello,

I am writing a programming language in c++ for a class and I am having a problem understanding how to do some of it. The language is based on Forth, and you are allowed to redefine how any of the words in the language work. I am trying to understand how to store the instructions for each of the words. If anyone can shed some light on some methods of accomplishing this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It depends.

What features of the stack language are there? What values could possible appear on the stack? Numbers? Integers, Doubles? Strings, arrays, linked lists? Do you want to have runtime checks to see what kind of data structure you're dealing with? Can pointers (to functions) go on the stack? Do you want to be able to construct functions in the middle of code?

Hello,

I am writing a programming language in c++ for a class and I am having a problem understanding how to do some of it. The language is based on Forth, and you are allowed to redefine how any of the words in the language work. I am trying to understand how to store the instructions for each of the words. If anyone can shed some light on some methods of accomplishing this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick

i will give you the code in the next week
---------------------
[snipped fake signature]

I guess it is a compiler project assignment, you can probrably use lex and yacc to do it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.