Hello

I will be joining Duke University (Durham, NC) as an applied math major with a research interest in applied neuroscience and Artificial Intelligence. So, should I buy a Macbook or a Macbook Pro for all the mathematical work that I will be doing? The work should include a lot of algorithm testing, simulations, mathematical modeling and large counting on numbers. Please advise on whether I should go for a Macbook or a Macbook Pro or perhaps a different laptop.

Thanks!

Adrivit.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you have to do a lot of number crunching it does not matter so much which make of computer you buy. What matters is the clock speed of the machine and how much processors it has. (The more the better)

The MacBook Pros will suite you. But it is a lot more expensive.

> So, should I buy a Macbook or a Macbook Pro for all the mathematical work that I will be doing?
Why not ask your faculty to be for a recommendation?

Instead of asking "J Random Poster" who knows less about your course to be than you do.

A Linux computer will also be fine. And you'll have a fun time tweeking it!

A Linux computer will also be fine. And you'll have a fun time tweeking it!

Yeah, you are quite right.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.