Hey, i was just wondering if there was a way to have Windows XP Pro automaticall shutdown the computer everyday at a specific time. I know this can be done through the schedule tasks program under control pannel, so what is the shutdown file called? Or, if there is a free software that can do this, what is it? :?:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try:

shutdown.exe -s -c "WARNING: System meltdown, you have 10 seconds before your computer explodes!" -t 10

That usually goes down a treat if somebody else is using the computer! :twisted:

Scratch that thought. Shutdown.exe works good.

Hey, i was just wondering if there was a way to have Windows XP Pro automaticall shutdown the computer everyday at a specific time. I know this can be done through the schedule tasks program under control pannel, so what is the shutdown file called? Or, if there is a free software that can do this, what is it? :?:

AWSOME, I love this shutdown sequence. I tested it and i scared my brother. HAHAHA, thats so cool.

Oops sorry, that message was directed to YoungCoder........ anyways..... ha, i love that shutdown sequence. Thanks a ton.

Much easier to use the shut down utility, for example: agatasoft shutdown pro, direct link -
http://agatasoft.com/shutdown utility.html
I am use it last 2 years. It is the best program for auto shutdown windows!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.