Hey, i was just wondering if there was a way to have Windows XP Pro automaticall shutdown the computer everyday at a specific time. I know this can be done through the schedule tasks program under control pannel, so what is the shutdown file called? Or, if there is a free software that can do this, what is it? :?:

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Fish1978

Try:

shutdown.exe -s -c "WARNING: System meltdown, you have 10 seconds before your computer explodes!" -t 10

That usually goes down a treat if somebody else is using the computer! :twisted:

Hey, i was just wondering if there was a way to have Windows XP Pro automaticall shutdown the computer everyday at a specific time. I know this can be done through the schedule tasks program under control pannel, so what is the shutdown file called? Or, if there is a free software that can do this, what is it? :?:

AWSOME, I love this shutdown sequence. I tested it and i scared my brother. HAHAHA, thats so cool.

Oops sorry, that message was directed to YoungCoder........ anyways..... ha, i love that shutdown sequence. Thanks a ton.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.