Does anyone have any information regarding video card compatibility with an AGP PRO 50/110 slot on TYAN Thunder K7X pro motherboard? This is a server board, and the AGP slot is longer and accepts AGP cards with different configurations. I just haven't figured out which cards are compatible with this slot.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Thanks for the reply! Ihave tried one other regular AGP card which gave me a beep code and prevented my PC from booting. I took it back out and the PC booted back up just fine. It could have been a driver problem, though. I haven't tried anything else. I have found and ordered a couple of cards to fit the pro slot, one 64mb and one 128mb. As soon as they arrive I will try them. If they work out OK I will just use them for now, but I do appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Thanks for the reply! Ihave tried one other regular AGP card which gave me a beep code and prevented my PC from booting. I took it back out and the PC booted back up just fine. It could have been a driver problem, though. I haven't tried anything else. I have found and ordered a couple of cards to fit the pro slot, one 64mb and one 128mb. As soon as they arrive I will try them. If they work out OK I will just use them for now, but I do appreciate you taking the time to reply.

your welcome .i think you have to be careful with the different voltage of newer faster cards , and x2,x4,x8 agp cards,some 8x cards aren't backward compatible ,been my experience anyway .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.