Hi everyone. I just found this forum and wasn't completly sure where to post this so I figured I'd try here.
I'm trying to decide what programming language to use in building a health related piece of software. I'd like the program to be able to track a number of factors over time such as pain level, sleep patterns, etc. I'd like it to be able to chart the findings and compare them over time, both individually and together. Any suggestions?
Sorry it's not much info but I'm about to go to sleep so fuzzy brain. :yawn:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I forgot to mention I'd like the final product to have an easy to use graphical interface.
Suggestions anyone? :)

Easy to use or easy to build? I recommend Java, although surely I'm pretty quick to recommend Java so you might want some other opinions as well. Java is great for user interfaces - ease of programming and ease of use, but I'm not so sure about processor and time intensive tasks like tracking sleep patterns and such. There are a lot of arguments about how Java compares speed wise to languages like C++, but I think recently they have been compared as closer to equal, with C++ being the victor in most cases, as in the past. Again, might want to do your own research on this or wait for other opinions.

Thanks for the info. The plan is to have it be easy to use. I'm looking into possibly Java, C++, or C#.

C,C++,Java,C#, Visual C++ will do.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.