Alxandr 5 Junior Poster in Training

I didn't realy know where to put this post, so please bear with me...

I'm starting a new project with two friends of mine using github for code-hosting (and of cause git for version controll). Also I'm using lighthouse for bugtracking. Github has a nice and fully integrated post-receive hook for lighthouse that whenever I push to github it tells lighthouse about the update (gives it the revision-number and such). Now here beginns the trouble. For authentication the post-receive hook at github uses a token to "tell" lighthouse "who it is" that is updating, which means that whenever I push to my repository all the updates done at lighthouse gets credited to me, however it would also mean that whenever anyone pushes to my github repository it would get credited to me at lighthouse (which is not fair by a long shot).

The solution I've found to this problem is the need for 3 separate github-repositorys where mine works as the "master" (don't know if this is nessesary). However, I'm not shure how to best work out the workflow. So, this is what I've been thinking for now.

Whenever I want to solve a ticket from lighthouse I do the following:
1. Pull from _my_ github repository.
2. Make branch for ticket.
3. Work on ticket till finished.
4. Pull from _my_ github repository (might have gone weeks in one ticket).
5. Rebase branch to latest master (I need the command for this, I've never used rebase before).
6. Merge into master.
7. Push to _my_ github repository.

Whenever friend(1|2) wants to solve a ticket from lighthouse they do the following:
1. Pull from _my_ github repository.
2. Make branch for ticket.
3. Work on ticket til finnished.
4. Pull from _my_ github repository.
5. Rebase branch to latest master.
6. Merge into master.
7. Push to _his/hers_ github repository.
8. Tell me (send me email to) pull from their repository into mine. (I think this can be done in github without the need for a client, but I'm not shure. If anyone know, please tell me :-) )

I've used git for a while now, but only as more of a backup-system and corerevision instead of collaborative editing, so rebasing and pulling is more or less unknown to me (I know the theory behind both of them though pretty well, and been using hg for some time now with collaborative but with single online repo).

Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.