Hi all,

Lexi here, I'm currently doing a degree in Electronic Engineering I have a question regarding Full Duplex systems & Interrupts. You know if a system is half duplex ie can only send or recieve at one time and if a system is 64kb/s assuming that 8bits/char then 8000 char/sec are sent which would mean one interrupt evey 1/8000 = 125 micro sec.

Well my ques is this if I now have a Full duplex which can send & receive simultanously at how many seconds will the interrupt occur?

Any ideas???? :rolleyes:

Well, a single driver obviously cannot be reading from and writing to a port at one and the same instant, so presumably you are going to need two drivers, reading or writing to two different ports, and, correspondingly, two interrupt service routines. A single driver with a single isr would, it seems to me, presuppose some kind of multiplexing arrangement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.