Is there a way to query Oracle on the number of connections open (Not as the administrator). I am trying to setup connection pooling and I want something (on the client end) to check how many connections are being maintained etc.

10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by dogma

If your doing the connection pooling at the client end then I'd have thought you'd know how many connections your using.
There are quite a few caching algorithms for various systems around. Depends on what language or in Java - which j2ee engine your using.

We're using Tomcat 5.5. The problem is that I have found at least three different methods for doing it. I don't have a way that I can find of checking the -actual- number of connections being made and when they are being made. I can create different results which tells me a little, such as I can tie up all connections until the max connections and get everything after to fail. Which tells me the JNDI resource is definitely there and working, but I don't know the extent of the 'working'.

My current problem is that I'm trying to make sure a minimum number of connections are being created when the app goes up/tomcat starts. If you know of a way to look at what Tomcat/JNDI is doing and pulling some data on it I would love to know.

Otherwise I need to look at the DB end and see how many sessions that source is maintaining.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.