I am trying to setup a page on my website with a text input box and a command button.
A user will type the serial number of their product and click the button...the result I am looking for is a message telling them if their product is in warranty, out of warranty or not in our system.
I have an Access database with a table called "Warranty_Test" with a table called "Products". The table has (4) fields, SerialNumber (primary key), ModelNumber, ModelName and WarrantyDate.
So I would like to query this table from our website, check the warranty date of the serial number and provide a message based on the results.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get my website to talk to the database? And secondly, what is the best method of querying the database.

What language do you have your website in? ASP and Javascript could help do the job. The only thing is that ASP doesn't work with UNIX Platforms (I learned that the hard way!) ASP is Window Platform friendly. As for querying the database you could either use the Access query wizard or you can write the SQL statements out yourself in Access. My instructor who taught me how to do queries wouldn't let us use the query wizard, so writing my own out in SQL is more comfortable to me, but if it's just a simple query, then I cheat and use the wizard. (Please don't tell my old instructor that! lol)

What language do you have your website in? ASP and Javascript could help do the job. The only thing is that ASP doesn't work with UNIX Platforms (I learned that the hard way!) ASP is Window Platform friendly. As for querying the database you could either use the Access query wizard or you can write the SQL statements out yourself in Access. My instructor who taught me how to do queries wouldn't let us use the query wizard, so writing my own out in SQL is more comfortable to me, but if it's just a simple query, then I cheat and use the wizard. (Please don't tell my old instructor that! lol)

u canrefer w3schools.com for more results

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.